Applicants who enter a degree program must submit a transcript of all classes taken. Students must also have a minimum of 2.25 GPA on a 4.0 scale. A pattern of college prepatory studies is highly recommended but not required. If a transcript cannot be produced, then applicants must take the General Education Diploma (GED) exam and score a minimum of 55.
This is not meant to detract or suggest that students without an offical high school transcript are not academically equipped, qualified, or instructed. Rather, the GED test is a means of demonstrating the ability to benefit from a college education.
The applicant must successfully complete the ACT or SAT.
GLCC requires a score of at least 16 on the ACT, or a score of 820 on the SAT for regular admission. Lower scores may result in admission on probation.
Early/Dual Enrollment for High School Students:
High school students, whether attending a public, private, or home-school, are permitted to enroll on a limited basis at Great Lakes Christian College prior to the completion of their high school course of study. The following stipulations apply to these students:
- The student must be at least 16 years old.
- The student should be in his/her last two years of high school studies.
- The student is limited to six college credits per semester which must run concurrent with high school coursework and may only enrolled in freshman level courses. The Following coursese are acceptable:
- NT 110 Life of Christ
- EN 130/131 Composition and Grammar
- HI 140/141 Western Civilization
- LI 140/141 Western Literature
- MU 100 Introduction to Music
- CC 110 Speech Fundamentals
- PY 150 Introduction to Psychology
- BT 100 Introduction to Biblical Interpretation
- BT 135 Personal Spiritual Formation
- The student must complete the regular admissions procedure required by GLCC for "limited enrollment."